martes, 29 de abril de 2025

ESTRATEGIA 1 Grammar-Translation Method

 ESTRATEGIA 1


Grammar-Translation Method

 

 

Warm up

Activity: "Guess the Job" / "Adivina la profesión"

• Show pictures of different professions (doctor, teacher, firefighter, etc.)

• Students guess and you write their sentences on the board.

o   I think he is a doctor.

o   She works in a hospital.

 

Explanation

Vocabulary and Grammar Focus

• Write a list of jobs and their meanings in Spanish.

 

English

Spanish

Doctor

Doctor / Doctora

Teacher

Maestro / Maestra

Chef

Chef / Cocinero

Engineer

Ingeniero

Pilot

Piloto

 

• Teach grammatical structures:

What do you do?

I am a teacher.

What does he/she do?

He is a firefighter.

 

Practice

Translation and Matching

Matching Activity

• Students match professions with workplaces (with translation help).

Job

Workplace

Spanish

Teacher

School

Maestro - Escuela

Chef

Restaurant

Cocinero - Restaurante

Pilot

Airport

Piloto - Aeropuerto

Doctor

Hospital

Doctor - Hospital

 

Pair Work

• Provide a written dialogue with Spanish translation.

 

 

Production

Role Play and Written Translation

• Students choose a profession, write a short paragraph in English and translate it into Spanish.

 

Example:

o   English: I am a firefighter. I work in a fire station. I help people

o   Español: Soy bombero. Trabajo en una estación de bomberos. Ayudo a la gente.

o   Then, they act out the profession and classmates guess.

 

 

Feedback

Review and Error Correction

• Write common student mistakes on the board.

Correct them as a class.

·       Ask wrap-up questions (in both languages):

o   What did you learn today?

o   Which job do you like the most? Why?

 

 

Integrantes: Karla Fernanda Martínez Salas

Juan Carlos González Baltazar

Yurivan Ruiz Galindo


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

introducción

 There are many different teaching methods used in education today. Each method is designed to help students learn in different ways, depend...